Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Revolutions tearless cry

the word engulfed my world. it didn't echo down the cobbled streets, shouts for action, No it snuck into my life. slowly at first until it was so thick i could cut it with a knife. revolution. But not loud enough that i could ask questions or speak it aloud. it was the potatoe peels in my soup and the lace cut from my dresses. Revolution, it was in my fathers spending long hours in the study. it was the slow decline of help around the house. REvoLuTiOn, it's shots were the eerie silence that rang in my ears while i laid alone in bed in my freezing, fire unlit. REVOLutiON. it's voice grew louder until that's all i could hear. It was in my mothers worry for missing friends,in my father hiding our keepsakes and the bland colorless dresses I was begged to wear. It was the fake passport with my name on it. REVOLUTION. it wasn't hiding anymore could hear it's calls and shouts i could see it's banner waving high REVOLUTION REVOLUTION REVOLUTION. And behind the shouts and screams I easily faded into a memory. without a single tear shed for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment