Thursday, February 10, 2011

I've never but however

There are a whole lot of things in this world we consider wrong
Nobody gets off with a perfect record, that’s just how it is
But some of us have longer lists, with dirtier hands
So is it the things we have or haven’t done that makes us pass or fail this quiz?

I’ve never kissed a boy I didn’t love
I’ve never stolen something I could do without
I’ve never been mean just for fun
I’ve never pushed back when I get shoved
I’ve never slapped somebody who didn’t deserve it
I’ve never shot anybody with a real gun


I’ve never broken a heart
Or stolen one for that, I’ve missed every one of cupids dart
I’ve never made a wish I didn’t want to come true
But I’ve made some that I wouldn’t tell to you
I’ve never said a word I wouldn’t say to my mother
But I’ve said some really mean things about my brother
I’ve never drunk anything I know I shouldn’t
But that doesn’t mean if I wanted to I wouldn’t

Up to this point in my life I’ve never done this
But that just the first 18 of my future many years
But that isn’t saying it wouldn’t bring me bliss
I may yet be the cause of many tears

I have a big heart I would dare to say
And I really just want to be nice
I try really hard to do good every day
It’s not like I plan on doing all bad
In fact it’s not like that at all
I hope that I have never made you mad
But mistakes come all of our ways
But we all must live and learn and grow

So there are a few things I keep on a list
A couple of things I just can’t wait to do
To prove that I do really exist
Nothing cruel or harsh just a little risqué
so just watch for something coming your way

No comments:

Post a Comment