Thursday, January 20, 2011

i hold up a mirror

this poem is one i wrote for art
perhaps a bit cheesy but we all love a little cheese don't we?

sun you look down upon me with your dazzling rays. judging me to your imperial light. Then act supprized when i am left pitiful, wanting. was it not you who taught me to be so. did your beams not force me to the shadows? was it not you that burned me till i withdrew to my safety?
you look down judging me, i hold up a mirror.

Rain you fall from the heavens kissing my skin plop plop
you run your fineness through my hair till it's sopping, you slide down my cheeks and caress my chin. you fill my whole world with sweet fresh scents. and when you run into my ear whispering praises to me. how you constantly want to be nearer i ask was it not you yourself that sustains me? your essence runs though my veins, parches my thirst and grows my food. water it is your gentle tide that lulls me to sleep. so when you seek me out to praise me of my glory i hold up a mirror

girl you look down upon me with your judgmental eyes. you think you know me, you think you understand. you try and hold me up to the light. then act surprised when you think I'm unintelligent, not outgoing. was it not you that taught me to be so?did your stares not force me to my safety? you look down upon me judging me, i hold up a mirror

boy you fell from the heavens, now kissing my lips
you run your fingers through my hair till my heart skips. you brush your hand down my cheek caressing my chin you fill my whole world with sweet fresh smiles. and when you whisper praises in my ear and tell me you always want to be together, i say was it not you yourself that sustains me. your blood runs through my heart.l you have filled my happiness and nourished my soul. boy is it not dreams of you that pull me into sleep? so when you seek me out to praise me of my glory i hold up a mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment