Wednesday, September 19, 2012

SO Blessed

As my Grandma's sister Barbie used to say I am so blessed! Today I went and saw my grandparents. I love them! I usually see them once or twice a week while I'm living at home and I wouldn't have it any other way. Well last week I didn't see them at all so I decided to stop by their house after work and bring them cupcakes from the bakery I work at. They are so cute, always SO loving and happy to see me. I was talking with my grandma about everything that's new since I last saw her, she just has a way of helping me feel the love the savior has for me. I have always admired this attribute in her and love her even more for it now that I'm a bit older.  She helped me see even more than I already have how much the Lord is influencing my life and how much he loves and blesses me. Here are a few of the ways:

I was really sick a few weeks ago, I wrote a post about it. Since then I have gotten lots better. but had been on a hunt to find out what is wrong. After a scope, biopsy and blood work that all came back with no answers, and a very frustrating visit to the G.I. doctor I was starting to feel a bit hopeless that answers were within my reach. Through what could only be the guidance of my oh so loving Heavenly Father I was able to end up at the right place at the right time and get some answers!  I was at the chiropractor with my mom and she decided to ask him about what he knew about Celiac and lactose intolerance.  He immediately was able to help and helped me find out that the reason I have been so sick was because I have raging yeast infection that is taking control of my  body and making me sick. With his knowledge I have been fighting the infection and am feeling so much better! Plus I probably don't have to avoid dairy! I'm thankful to have been not up at school while this was happening. I'm thankful for a mom who listens to promptings.

The next thing is my job! I was having a really hard time landing a job since I got back from Rexburg. I didn't know where to start looking. I got a job but had to quit. I was sick for two weeks. I had an interview but never heard back from them. Then finally I got two, great jobs. I transport an old lady for her doctor appointments M, W, F and I work at the best gluten free bakery EVER! I had been feeling useless, hopeless and disappointing with the jobless situation, but I know it all worked out not only the right jobs but the right timing too!  Aww I am so loved!!

Lastly, if you know me very well at all you know my family has struggles in ways most families don't. My little sisters are adorable, amazing, I couldn't even think of life without them, BUT they have challenges, struggles and problems most little kids are lucky enough not to face. As things have changed and Mia is home all the time and starting a new school, It's been more than impossible ( my mom is AMAZING beyond description!)  I have just been blessed with knowing that I am at the right place at the right time. I was missing school, Rexburg and all my friends up there. But I have been able to be here and help where it is desperately needed. I have been able to lift where I stand and really make a difference. I'm both thankful for this and humbled by this. I know if we listen to him, God will help us be and do what is most important.

I'm so happy to have a grandma who will remind me of the hand of God in my life. I'm thankful for the tender mercies that surround me and oh boy, I am SO blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment