Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Osteology

you and I are just skin
mine is pale and white with a couple freckles here and there
skin stretched tightly over bones
but tell me darling how beautiful are your bones?
do our skulls not all look the same? ?
what could you know of me from my bones?
You wouldn't know how big my heart is
you wouldn't know my love of the moon
or the way the stars often seemed within reach
that I felt i could reach out with my fingers and grab them

so tell me darling was it lonely?
did your heart burn when the sun set? radiant reds and oranges?
the colors we both can see?
did you fall in love?
did you break your heart?
darling did you cry?

I can see your bones, i suppose they are beautiful
because they are like mine, but mine are still covered
with skin pale and white, now all you are is bones
I carry my bones with me,
you, You have left yours behind

No comments:

Post a Comment